Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Food trip: Jordan's in Kamuning

We had an unplanned foodtrip the other day.  It was one of those days where I had plans to do one thing and then I let myself be swayed and ended up being out for most of the day, but in a good way - spending the day with our school friends.  It started off with some of us meeting at our regular spot, in front of Sto Domingo church.  Having a chat and a quick update and continuing on to Kimpo’s restaurant where we’ve had several breakfast gatherings in the past – we’ve parted ways with Lam Tin, our past go-to place.  I’ll blog on why another time, since the story in itself will take more than a sentence or two.

I’m not going to blog on Kimpo’s, but on another restaurant where we ended up for lunch, Jordan’s in Kamuning.  This was by accident since we had wanted to try out the restaurant featured on Kris TV and when we asked the waiter if it was their restaurant, they said ‘no’ it was Snackaroo on the next street. But he convinced us that their food was better, so we decided to stay.  

Having had a full breakfast, I only wanted to share a meal. We decided to order 3 dishes to share between the 4 of us – their American burger, their specialty java ribs and sinigang sa miso na salmon.  I have to say that nothing really stood out.  At first bite, I loved the juicy burger, but after awhile or was it not evenly seasoned, it tasted too salty.  Their side of crisp potatoes, which were shaped like small balls were crispy on the outside and mashed on the inside.  Different, but I’m not sure if it’s in a good way.  The ribs, well, of the share I got, didn’t have a lot of meat – it was mostly that – ribs. The miso soup was neither sour nor had that miso flavor I expected and was also too salty.  I had one sip of the soup and I commented to my friends that my husband makes better sinigang na miso soup, which is so true.  Jojo commented that it also lacked ginger making the soup ‘malansa’ or too fishy.


Well, it’s a nice place to snack when you’re in the area.  The next time we’re back though we’re going to try that other place down the street.  (Pictures to follow)

0 comments:

Post a Comment