Thursday, June 25, 2015

Project 365 - Days 16 and 17

Day 16 (June 24, 2015): Here’s something that I’ve learned and it may be obvious to others, but it’s difficult to take good shots with one hand, especially clear, focused shots.  I tried it yesterday when Jojo bought sampaguita for our images on the altar.  The strands of sampaguitas look more striking together rather than separated.  So I took the shot holding the strands, trying first to focus and also balancing myself on top of the sofa before taking the actual shot.  It turned out okay although a little dark.  It had the effect I wanted with the images in the background blurred a little. Aperture f/4 and shutter speed 1/100 sec.



Day 17 (June 25, 2015): The day is just beginning (it’s only 8:22am as I write this) but mine started about 4 ½ hours ago.  Woke up at 1am to the strong rains that lasted awhile, slept again and woke before my alarm before 4am to get ready for Benjo’s mass altar service at 5:30am.  It rained again around 4:30am and gratefully subsided before we went out.  I wanted to capture the evidence of the rain and the promise of another sunny day in these pictures.



0 comments:

Post a Comment