Saturday, October 18, 2014

Foodtrip - Brazo Resto

Friday is supposed to be the “Foodie Friday” blog day, but since I didn’t get a chance to blog yesterday, I’ll do that today with a review of this new restaurant Jojo and I tried a few days ago.  Maginhawa Street in Teacher’s Village, Quezon City is fast becoming the go-to place for foodies with its wide variety of mostly hole-in-the-wall restaurants.  We have been by this street several times, but unfortunately for us early birds many of the restaurants open in the afternoon.  I thought when we went by Maginhawa again at around 9am we would end up frustrated by all the “closed” signs.

Luckily we found a couple that were open.  Jojo was hesitant about entering this new restaurant since there were no customers to be found but I convinced him to try it plus I said, “it’s early so you can’t expect a crowd”.  There was another car that parked next to us that had the same idea.  So the two of us plus the other group of 4 entered Brazo Restaurant.  Nice clean interior.  It looked like a house converted into a restaurant with two parts, one the air-conditioned area that we entered and another outdoor area with an open bar.

We looked at the menu, not sure what to order and aware that the prices were more expensive than our usual fast food fares.  But there’s always a first time and since I was already hungry having just a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, I ordered their Brazo Burger, which had a description of “100% beef patty with cheddar and bacon on potato buns and potato fries”.  Jojo chose the Cabanatuan Longganisa, which came with a serving of sunny side egg & garlic rice.  Water sufficed for us, since I’m not a coffee drinker and Jojo already had his share of coffee for the morning.




The food did take its time to come out, more than 15 minutes I believe.  But it was early and we were the first customers so we’ll excuse them for that.  When my burger came out I was impressed by how big the patty was.  It’s been awhile since I’ve had a real burger and this one really satisfied.  I cut it in half and used my fork and knife since it was too big.  The patty was really yummy and such the perfect combo with the bacon, cheese, lettuce and tomato.  Jojo was also enjoying his choice, commenting that the Cabanatuan longganisa is similar to the Vigan longganisa but with the garlic flavor not overpowering.  I had a couple of bites of his longganisa, but went back to my burger, where I left the other half for him to try.  The tastes were contrasting and I wanted to enjoy the more western meat, the American burger patty.  We found it hard to finish our meals, but we did and we relished every last bite.  The potato fries that came with the burger was ordinary and I do prefer my fries thinly sliced.  

The Brazo Burger was P196 and the Cabanatuan Longganisa was P140.  Overall “pop” for this new resto with one complaint: the overhead music that just played 1 song during our whole stay - a remix of "With or Without You".  No complaint about the song itself but hearing it what?  over 30 times during our less than hour stay was too much.  We plan on inviting our friends to try it too and hopefully they will be playing a different tune.

0 comments:

Post a Comment