Sunday, September 7, 2014

Start of the Christmas Season and Mary's Song

The Philippines has the longest Christmas season in the world, with Christmas, at least the shopping and decorating part, starting as early as September or the start of the “ber” months.  There are radio stations that play Christmas songs almost all year round, but come September, Christmas songs are played more frequently both on radio and TV.

Our home is no exemption as I listen to more Christmas songs on youtube and start playing carols on the keyboard and the flute, which I have recently just picked up.

On the keyboard I play the traditional Christmas carols, but on youtube I like listening to the more contemporary Christian songs.  One favorite, which I’ve mentioned in this blog during a Christmas past, is Amy Grant’s “Mary’s Song” or “Breath of Heaven”.  I downloaded the music notes the other day and reading the lyrics made me feel the song and Mother Mary’s predicament during her 
pregnancy.  

Below is the lyrics on the song along with the youtube song itself.  Read or sing along and imagine Mother Mary as she bore our Savior Jesus in her womb.  Tomorrow is Mama Mary's birthday.  Happy birthday Mama Mary!



Verse 1:
I have traveled many moonless nights,
Cold and weary with a baby inside.
And I wonder what I’ve done.
Holy Father, You have come
and chosen me now to carry Your Son.

Verse 2:
I am waiting in a silent pray’r.
I am frightened by the load I bear.
In a world as cold as stone,
Must I walk this path alone.
Be with me now, be with me now.

Refrain:
Breath of heaven, hold me together.
Be forever near me, breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven, lighten my darkness.
Pour over me Your holiness,
for You are Holy, breath of heaven.


Verse 3:
Do you wonder as You watch my face,
if a wiser one should have had my place?
But I offer all I am for the mercy of Your plan.
Help me be strong, help me be… help me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment