Thursday, December 30, 2010

Going Back To My Bible

It's almost the end of the year.  I'll be bringing out my bible for the first time in ages.  Not that I haven't read from the Holy Scriptures this year, but I have been using Kerygma's Companion for the past 3 years, which has the daily scriptures, commentaries and a place to journal your thoughts all in one.  Before Companion I used Didache, which has just the commentaries, I had used this alongside my bible to read the scriptures which were listed on the side of each Didache page.  This practice helped familiarize me with the books of the bible and I really miss flipping, holding and reading directly from the bible.  So this year, I decided to buy the smaller and cheaper Didache and go back to reading the scriptures from my bible.  It will be a bulkier load to carry when we do go on our travels, but I shouldn't mind because it is like gold, no, a much pricier treasure than gold.  It is the Word of God ... that heals, cleanses, guides, and lights my path and my days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment