Sunday, October 3, 2010

Letting My Hair Down

Kulot, kinky.  Just two words that best describe my hair.  You can't tell most days since I always have it in a ponytail.  I don't go out without mousse thus giving me that sometimes wet look.  But last Saturday when we went out to SM, I decided to not put my hair up but just let it hang loose.  It was cool enough.  Part of the reason for putting my hair up is the weather, I hate sweating from the heat and having my hair down causes more sweating especially at the back of my neck.  Plus we were going to the mall where it would be air-conditioned.  I put on more mousse than I would usually put, so as to make sure it wouldn't just spring into an afro!  And you know what? I felt so free with my hair down.  I always felt that I'm a little stiff (maybe it's that "teacher/Miss Tapia" look) with my hair in a ponytail.  And I have glasses to add to the conservative image.  But with my locks down I had such a carefree feeling.  And I don't know if it was my imagination, but I got more looks from boys and girls alike.  But then again I don't know if it was one of those "she looks weird/strange" looks or "she looks different in a nice kind of way" looks.  But hey, I'm 40 and very much taken, so it doesn't (or shouldn't) really matter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment