Saturday, August 28, 2010

Putik!

Putik!
Dirt mixed with water
Mud, yep, mud is what you call it
But this isn't ordinary mud;

Putik!
It's all over the road, I can't avoid it,
Splash, my sandaled foot slips,
Ay, my toes are now covered with it;

Putik!
Rains are now coming down hard,
Vendors trying to cover their wares,
My own umbrella doesn't seem enough,
I'm still getting wet;

Putik!
One man spits on the road,
Yuck, gross!  I imagine it mixing with the mud,
But there are other things worse,
Which I don't care to think about;

Putik!
Wish it didn't rain,
Wish we had cleaner drains, cleaner roads,
Wish people would be more disciplined,
I wish to go home;

Putik!
After 3 hours of being out,
Half of the time walking,
Walking through the streets filled with mud,
I'm finally home;

I change my clothes,
I wash my feet, legs, hands and face,
I look at my jeans and sandals,
Need to wash these too to get rid of the...
Putik!

0 comments:

Post a Comment