Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Katharine Hepburn

I've been reading "Me: Stories Of My Life", Katharine Hepburn's autobiography. I have been wanting to pick up a book to read and this is as good as any on our shelf. But I was reading it thinking that the author was still alive. Maybe because she looked so alive in her pictures and of course, the stories being told seemed to be coming from a voice that is just right beside me. But she's been dead since 2003. The book was published in 1991.

I found this out while doing a search on the internet for some of the plays and movies she made, in the hope that I may be able to find one at the video rental store that I can borrow. I have a mental list of some that I would like to watch, which I'll write here:
  1. A Bill of Divorcement (1932)
  2. Morning Glory (1933)
  3. Little Women (1933)
  4. Bringing Up Baby (1938)
  5. The Philadelphia Story (1940)
  6. Love Among the Ruins (1975)
  7. The Corn Is Green (1979)
  8. On Golden Pond (1981)
I think I've seen "On Golden Pond", but I would love to see it again. Knowing more about her, from her own words, will give me a different perspective as I watch her movies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment