Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hoping To Get the Job

Last October 21, I had a phone interview for a job with a US company that Alyssa, my sister-in-law, works for. I applied online and emailed in their test and got the date for the interview. If I were to be accepted, I would be able to work online, 4 hours per day and earn about $12/hour. Which is very good compared to my options here in the local job market.

I'm not sure how well I did, but I was anxious and since the interview was at 6am (Yes, you read it right - 6AM!), 2pm - Denver time, where the interviewer resides, I woke up at 5am to get ready. It was also a school day and so I tried to prepare whatever the kids needed. It was only going to be for 30 minutes, so I figure I could still help with the preparation for school after the interview.

Well, it's now November 12, and I'm still waiting to find out if I got the job or not. I got an email a couple of weeks ago asking me to be patient since they were having some trouble with their client. I sure hope the client hasn't backed out.

I've had my set of emotional roller-coasters, from being hopeful to disappointed - even just letting go and giving up thinking the job was too good to be real. Well, there still remains some hope in me, as I keep opening my email (I was told we would be notified by email) every day and hoping, just hoping that I would get an email. Of course, the email could spell bad news, but at least I would know and the waiting would be over and I could move on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment