Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh, My Aching Back!

Okay, the years are catching up with me. I'm not as young as I once was. I'm getting back/hip pains. I know it's mainly from the manual handwashing that I've been doing, which requires me to bend over and sometimes lift the container full of water. I started feeling pangs before but today, I tried too hard when lifting the container and felt a strong pain on my left hip. It's also due to some of the other chores and the lifting that I've done in the past. The pain started this morning and it's still with me now this evening. The electric massager somewhat helped and the salonpas, which up to now I only saw mom use, is also giving me some relief.

Now, I have to be extra careful. I'm nearing 40 but that is still young by standards. I still want to live to see my children grow. But I lift that up to God and his plans for me. For my part, I will take better care of the body He has given me - eating more healthy and nutritious foods, exercising more and knowing when to stop and asking help from others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment