Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday Benjo!

Benjo turned 6 last March 1! I know this post is late but I was kind of exhausted during that time and other thoughts seem to have priority over writing this. Benjo had at first wanted to go to the beach, which I'm sure meant the one in San Juan, Batangas which we've been to several times in the past. But he and Joselyn said that they wanted to go to the "swimming pool in the beach" ?? The last time we were at Laiya Beach we stayed at Kabayan resort and there was a swimming pool which they enjoyed along with their cousins Gregory and Jordan. So I thought a swimming pool party is really what they want.

We had our party at Cableway resort, with relatives from Binangonan along with Ate Ludy, Mavic, Ferdie, Caroline, Zoe, Katherine and her son who convoyed with us from Quezon City. Almost as soon as they got their clothes off, the kids headed for the kid's pool. The water was cold but the kids didn't mind.

We got there at around 10am. Our other guests started coming after 11am. Other people thought it was a great day for a swim and soon the pool was full of kids and adults alike trying to cool down from the heat. The kids hardly got out of the pool, only to pee or eat or drink. The only reason why Benjo did decide to call it quits was when the sunblock lotion got in his eyes and it began to turn red and sting. When I took off his swimming trunks, it looked as if he was still wearing something since his bottom was whiter than the rest of his dark body. All who this had a good laugh. When Jojo's cousin CheChe came with her kids at around 3pm, Benjo and Joselyn (who were already dressed) wanted to go back into the pool after seeing their other cousins go back in. I was reluctant but we let them go back in and they stayed for another hour or so.

Unfortunately I didn't have new batteries for my camera, but am thankful for Ate Luds taking shots using Caroline's camera. It was great having them all along - their first time to be in Binangonan.

Happy Birthday Benjo! My first-born, my little man. You aren't so little any more. Whenever I look at you, I still see you as the infant whom I cradled, the toddler who started to walk. Time sure does fly and now you're already 6! Happy Birthday, anak ko! We love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment