Friday, August 22, 2008

Laiya Night - Day One

It's been awhile since my last blog. I'm spending my spare time on my new hobbie/interest (dressmaking) rather than blogging. Although many times I want to write my thought, I can't seem to find the time nor the energy. So the thoughts remain thoughts and unwritten...

We spent 2 days and 1 night at Laiya, San Juan, Batangas - which has become our family's favorite vacation destination. This time with Jojo's cousin, Ate Leila and family and Auntie Flor. Ate Lei with her two boys were vacationing from the US and asked us which beach we usually go to and, of course, we suggested Laiya Beach. It was our first time to spend a night there and we spent it at Kabayan Resort, which had great accomodations. For P5,500 a night they provided for most of our needs.

Jojo, Ate Lei and their yaya went to a nearby market to buy food to cook for our stay. One great thing which I personally enjoyed was the hot-water shower (which I haven't had a chance to enjoy since our honeymoon back in 2002 and since leaving the US.)
Wednesday afternoon was cloudy and although it drizzled a little, the rain wasn't strong enough to stop the kids from swimming. At first, I was a little anxious of the waves that seemed to get stronger, but the kids loved being spashed around by the tide.




In the early evening, during low tide, the water level was so low that you seem to be walking on water even if you were more than 100-feet out to sea.
More later...

0 comments:

Post a Comment