Friday, July 11, 2008

New Look and Title

New look - this blog now has a new layout and title. Brighter than the dull brown we had before. "Unpaved Path" is the new title I've chosen. I guess it's one of the things that sticks out in my mind when I think of walking the streets. At least where we live, anyway. I know of many upper-class subdivisions that have very nice paved paths that you can actually walk on and not be run over by a passing bike or motorcycle.

I remember when my brother, sister-in-law and I were walking several blocks to a nearby grocery store. It was my brother's first visit in about 13 years and my sister-in-law's first time to be in the Philippines. I had already been back in the country for about 3 months and had already walked the streets several times. I knew that the fastest way to get to our destination was to walk near the road. To walk on the "pathway", you had to dodge parked cars, lamp and electrical posts, holes in the road and even vendors. But my brother tried walking along what should be a walk path as I walked on the side of the road. I saw him zig and zag and lookws rather frustrated at all the obstacles in his way. But it was safer I admit and I ended up following them on the "obstacle course".

0 comments:

Post a Comment