Sunday, February 17, 2008

Our Lady of Lourdes

Last February 11 was the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. Our parish is the National Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes and it was an eventful day in honor of Mama Mary. This church holds a special part in our lives. It is where my mom and dad were married back in January 26, 1969. It is where my brother and I were baptized; where my husband Jojo and I were married and where Benjo and Joselyn were baptized.



We went to mass at 8am where people lined up to touch the image of Our Lady. At 5pm Benjo and I joined the procession. We'll wait 'til Joselyn is older for her to join the processions (when she doesn't ask to be carried any more :). It was our 2nd procession, the first time was last Dec. 8 for the Immaculate Conception. This procession though was a much bigger event and the route was much longer. Even if Benjo wanted to go home, it would've been difficult to get a tricycle of jeepney. We started near the back of the procession but Benjo wanted to get nearer to Mama Mary. We finally caught up with her when the procession stopped at an intersection. It was a long and tiring walk and we left the procession when we reached our street and didn't finish the procession. I didn't grow up joining processions but the past experiences have enriched my faith and my devotion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment