Monday, January 21, 2008

My Movie Night

Before motherhood, my husband and I used to go to the movies often. Especially when we were still engaged, we both enjoyed going to the movie theatres and watching the latest movies. It's something I've missed. But I've realized that I do not have to miss out on watching movies, especially after reading an article about not centering our lives around our children, which I believe my husband and I have done, but to always center it on God, as we are supposed to.

We went to a video rental store to rent some VCDs. There was a promo on, rent 5 for the price of 4. So the kids chose 3 ("Surf's Up", "Over the Hedge" and a Hello Kitty movie), Jojo chose 1("The Departed") and I chose another. It was a hard choice, but I found one that I actually never heard about and starred one of my favorite actors, Tom Hanks. The movie - "The Terminal" did not disappoint. I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Funny and endearing, it made me laugh and cry (though by myself since I watched it at a time when everyone was asleep). Though this was not about a Filipino, I think any person of any nationality can relate to the main character... Loved it! Can't wait for my next movie night!

(FYI: Video rental at Video City is P16/vcd - some overnight, some 2, 3 or 5 day rentals.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment