Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Birthday Sapin-sapin

I celebrated my 38th birthday last November 28. We went out for lunch at SM Mall of Asia at Tempura restaurant - good food, but the kids couldn't sit still. For merienda we bought some pancit palabok (almost like the ones my friend Bambee and Nanay Undes makes) and some sapin-sapin instead of the usual cake. I wanted something sweet but didn't want cake. Sapin-sapin has become one of my favorite desserts. This one bought at " Kakanin sa Banawe". This place is connected with Dolor's Kakanin which makes one of the best kakanins (rice cakes like bibingka, cassava and sapin sapin) in the metro.

My favorite portion here is the one found on the outer rim, which is half cream colored and half ube and the yellow-colored cassava. Some people say they prefer the inner circle of brown bibingka. Anyway, we didn't have a candle to blow and I don't think the sapin-sapin would have tasted very nice with candle drippings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment