Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Laba - ngo or Laba - ho?

Is it going to rain today??? Mmm... my laundry basket is full. But if I wash the clothes today and the sun doesn't come out, then I'll have to dry the clothes indoors. Clothes that don't dry right away do not smell very good. So this is our dilemma, especially during the rainy season.


There are times that I play patintero with the weather. One moment it is sunny and the clothes are hung outside. Then the dark clouds come and I bring the clothes inside. (We have a portable clothes line - very handy for times like these). Then I see a break in the clouds and some clearing, the clothes go out again. This happens probably 3 or 4 times. If the clothes could speak, they'd probably say "hey! nahihilo na ako! make up your mind!"... hehe :)

(I look back at our life when we were in the US. We didn't have this problem then. Rain or shine, we had a dryer to dry our clothes.)

On a hot day, we leave our clothes out for about an hour and they're dry, smelling fresh. On a cloudy and rainy day, it may take 2 days! And they don't smell as fresh. So after a long rainy spell, I pray for the sun to come out from behind the clouds. Well...at least long enough for the clothes to dry!

0 comments:

Post a Comment